Gifting something in games like Overwatch, CSGO, DOTA 2 is a normal thing you can purchase an item in game and send it to your friend. But in Fortnite gifting has been in talks for a long time. Developers of Fortnite even included an option that said “Can Receive Gifts From Others” in season 4 but the gifting hasn’t come out yet in season 6.
Gifting system in Fortnite is a nothing different than of other games like Overwatch, Pokemon Go Or CSGO. But as in CSGO you can gift people items that you have earned through your progression but in Fortnite there is no such thing you have to purchase stuff from item shop to gift it to a friend.
A new update about gifting system came this morning from official developers explaining:
Items That You Can’t Gift In Fortnite
- Battle Passes
- Real Money Offers
- Items that Are Not Currently in the Item Shop
- Items That Are Already In Your Locker
- Some Store Items
- Including Battle Pass Tier Bundles
However new leaks haven’t revealed a possible release date of gifting system in Fortnite. But leaker also said that “gifting is nearly done” and expecting it around Season 7 “sounds about right”.
Steps To Send A Gift In Fortnite
1. You have to enable Two-Factor Authentication in order to make yourself eligible to send gift to someone else. Don’t know how to enable 2FA in Fortnite Read this : http://epic.gm/h63ky
2. You have to be Level 2 to send gifts. You just can’t create a new account to just send someone gift in Fortnite.
Here is some information provided in official post by Epic Games :
You can gift using these platforms only:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
All gifts are non-refundable.
- Please be sure you give the gift to the right friend! “I tried to send a gift, but I’m getting an error.” There are a few reasons sending a gift may result in an error:
- If you exceeded the total amount of gifts you can send within 24 hours, sending a gift will fail. You’ll need to wait 24 hours before you can send more gifts.
- If you’re trying to gift an item to a player who already has that item, gifting will fail.
- If you’ve been friends with a player for less than two weeks, gifting will fail. Both the sender and the receiver(s) of gifts must be EPIC friends for at least two weeks prior to sending/receiving gifts.
Here is everything that has been leaked related to Fortnite Gifting System:
Colored Gift Wrappin